'Curated collections' is a facility that allows you to curate artworks, projects, events etc by artists on Axisweb. These are then presented on our site under the Discover section unless you choose to make your collection private.
'Curated collections' is useful for:
- Grouping favourite artworks by artists you like or follow on Axisweb and sharing these
- Using to shortlist artworks, projects etc by artists you want to commission for a project
- Choosing artworks or projects that have a specific theme or medium for use as a teaching resource
- Collating artworks by a particular artist or artists for research purposes
To create a 'Curated collection':
- Sign into the website and go to the Discover section of Axisweb or a specific artist's profile
- Find an artwork, project, event, news item etc that you like (use the filters and categories to narrow your search)
- Click on the item to open it in a lightbox and click 'Add to collection'
- You can then either add it to an existing collection if you've created one previously or click 'Create a collection' to create a new one
- Click 'Create a collection' and add a title and description and tick if you'd like your collection to be private (this means it won't appear in Discover on our site but can be shared with others using the URL)
- Click 'Save' and this adds it to your list of collections
- Click 'Choose collection' to add the artwork, project etc to that collection
- You can then view your collection or continue adding items to it
- Share your collection by viewing it and copying and pasting the URL or by clicking the social share icons at the top of the collection (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest)
- To manage your 'Curated collections' go to your Dashboard and click 'My curated collections' in the left hand menu
- Click on a collection to edit it or click 'Remove' to delete it
- You can have a maximum of five 'Curated collections'