What are the criteria for opportunities?
We reserve the right to decline opportunities that fail to meet our guidelines. Before sending us your opportunities, please note the following:
- Our services are aimed at artists and art professionals living in or contributing to the UK.
- We cover a broad spectrum of opportunities ranging from awards, competitions, events, proposals, grants, residencies, fellowships, scholarships, exhibitions, festivals, magazines, consultancy contracts, research briefs and job vacancies.
- Usually, only opportunities that offer clear financial remuneration will be posted; this may include the opportunity for artists to sell their work.
- Volunteer and internship roles will only be posted if expenses are paid and there is a clear benefit to the participant. A benefit is defined as training, continuous professional development or work experience. Any opportunity that attempts to circumvent National Minimum Wage Regulations will be declined.
- All fees to be charged to the artist or art professional (e.g.: jury fees, commissions, gallery fees, insurance) must be specified in the posting; a posting that requires the artist or art professional to pay fees and offers little compensation will be accepted or refused at our discretion.
- Opportunities that require application/submission fees will only be listed if they are from bona fide and established organisations.
- Where a submission fee is required, you will be required to pay the equivalent of the submission fee before your opportunity is listed. We will send you an invoice shortly after the opportunity has been uploaded.
- The name and location of the organisation advertising the opportunity must be specified. We will not accept anonymous or third-party postings.
- We will not list galleries for hire.
- We do not list opportunities for artists or art professionals to take part in residencies, workshops, conferences or seminars that require a fee, unless a bursary, stipend or grant is offered.
- We do not list opportunities that are only open to artists or art professionals living outside of the UK.
- We do not include opportunities from so-called 'Vanity Art' websites or galleries that ONLY sell work through an online presence.
- We do not list advertisements from commercial enterprises selling products and services.
- It is free to list an opportunity on the noticeboard.
- When sending your details, please be sure to provide us with a brief description of your opportunity, address and contact details including email, deadline date and all relating web links (for further information and application forms / procedures etc.).